Thursday, August 17, 2006

Staying put in Los Angeles (for now)

Hey - I'm still here in sunny LA, loving the down time and resting up for the trip home. The bike will be spending some quality time with a local mechanic most of tomorrow, getting fixed up and checked out before we take to the road again for the 4,000 mile trip home. I've not posted because I'm not riding, but I've heard from a few people who wanted to know what was going on and figured I'd throw this info up here.

So, I've caught fire rewriting my novel over the past 2 days and I've decided to stick around here and complete the rewrite. Also, after 4 weeks, 7,000 miles, and 2 mechanical breakdowns, I think it's a good idea for me to take an extended break from the road for now. And honestly, I'm not looking forward to the road right now - it's a long lonely stretch from LA to North Carolina, where I won't see anyone I know for probably 2 weeks or so.

There is Sedona, AZ and Austin, TX which I'm looking forward to seeing, but if I've learned anything on this trip it's that the road can be a lonely place (and I'm usually a stranger in a strange land out there). So it's good for now to stay in a place where I know people and my way around town.

I'll head home at some point in the next few weeks (don't worry, I'm not staying out here forever), and, of course, I'll be blogging again once I'm back on the road (with photos and everything!). Until then everyone, take care of yourselves.

Later

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes I do recall a few trips back that LA was your "that's it I'm stayin'" place, glad to see that's only a temp feeling. you could alter your trip back and swing thru Kansas. we could give you literature on how Darwin was a kook, how Bob Dole would have saved the world and give you a loaded handgun. - CF

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting the same sense of deja vu CF is getting!

Enjoy your time in LA but not too much of it!!!

Fred

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=388547

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey D ... enjoy the sunshine ... starting to get a bit nippy back east. keep up the writing and get back here so i can give ya a bearhug, smack you upside the head and buy you a steak ... later

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home