Monday, August 28, 2006

Not to worry

Yes - it's true, I am still in Los Angeles. The plan (which evolves daily) is to stay through the end of September and complete the re-write of my novel (and so far the writing is going very well, I must say).

There are a number of obvious questions that arise from this and if I had all the answers, I'd tell you. But for now, I'm safe and sound, writing everyday and enjoying the weather (though they say it may rain a week from Wednesday, but that's a long way off).

I have a photo (because I know how much everyone loves the photos) - don't know that it compares with the others from this trip, but it's what I've got.


Last thing - I received an anonymous comment the other day (I've gotten a few of them, but can usually tell from whom by the comment itself, this appears to be from someone I don't know).

They asked what I was searching for. I thought this was an interesting question, though the answer seems fairly obvious to me.

I'm searching for what every lonely, wandering, biker on a trip across America is searching for - myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DJ- I am so proud of you and envious at the same time! This is by far the coolest thing anyone I know has ever done. Love the pictures and the postings. The family can't wait to see you when you get back. Enjoy the trip home.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are still welcome to spend a night or two with us if you want to pass through the Niagara area on your way home. Travel safely and keep stoking your writing-fire.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear the big news? Your cousin and Guthrie finally came out of the closet. They're so brave. I'm really happy for them.

If you plan on passing by the Chicago area en route to the East Coast, give me a yell.

Until then, ride that hog and enjoy the feeling of that wind blowing through your... umm, by your scalp.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home